Thursday, February 26, 2009

Medical Adventures Around the World!

Ok. In a country where HIV/AIDS is a PANDEMIC... you would think all the doctors and nurses would wear gloves. So I had to get a blood test the other evening ( For those who don't know, I have hypocalcemia and so I have to get things checked out once in awhile). So... this person was trying to take my blood. ( For those who also don't know, I have the worse veins known to man) it took her 4 pokes- and she didn't get any blood out. ( Yeeeooww!!) So the doctor comes in. No gloves, nothing. Takes a fairly large needle- and sticks it in my hand. ( no warning I might add) I quickly yelp in pain, and pray for the moment to be over. Well- so he takes the needle out, and I feel them wiping my hand. I look down and there is blood that was spurting from my vein. Nice. All over the doctors hand. Nice. Once again... I do say.
In a country where HIV/AIDS is a PANDEMIC!!!!!!.... you would think all the doctors and nurses would wear gloves. ESPECIALLY when dealing with needles and blood. To all the labs in Canada... I forever appreciate your cleanliness, caution and rules.
Thank you Canadian labs and medical system. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. At least you're not in India...they don't even use needles.

    Just kidding...I hope you're doing better.

    Miss ya, Mike

    ReplyDelete