Bonjour Mes Amis! Je suis a Lyon France…
First let me start by saying, that somehow.., I always get the interesting flights.
The ones where there’s some odd technical difficulty that requires 2 hours to find out
That it is nothing after all. Well- that happened to me in Montreal… so of course- we didn’t leave until 10pm EST( which is 6am France time)..in the meantime crazy red haired French lady keeps staring at me. And whenever I say anything to her- its like I interrupted the tearing down of the Berlin Wall or something. Anyhoo… lets just say she is what we would call a “treat”.My conclusion is that I think she thought I was a famous person. What gave it away lady- the lulu lemon pants, the sunglasses or the crazy hair? Come on!
So we finally leave Montreal. And I realize I forgot to take sleeping pills out of my checked baggage. Nice. There goes my good nights sleep. Ce’st la vie! I did get in about an hour and a half.
Arrival at the airport. All is well- I get my luggage and notice it is incredibly hot in the airport. Or is it….
Apparently I had food poisioning- broke out into a cold sweat and started vomiting in a garbage can. But man- I felt So much better after that! But then- suddenly my suitcase felt almost 10 pounds heavier when trying to get it on the train. Maybe I should have eaten something before I left the airport. Ahh well… I did make it to Lyon safely and can I just say- wow. What a great town! I’ve only seen small part of it- but apparently- it’s the good small part. Great architecture, fabulous cafes, etc etc etc.. and they have a starbucks! Right across from the opera house- so it makes it even better. After the 36 hours traveling- I thought I deserved one.
Met up with Elizabeth Withey from the Edmonton Journal- and we attended the Porgy and Bess Dress rehearsal last night. Great cast. ( and frikin hot too! ) Interesting way to stage the opera, and I will be seeing it 2 more times before I leave this place- so I wasn’t worried if I was going to miss anything!.... best part of the night? The Chocolate Mousse I had following the performance ( at midnight) yummy… the French know how to do it up!
Oh yeah- my hotel. Very cute- and seriously 2 steps from the sein River. Its beautiful! sounds of a band playing along the river put me to sleep last night!
Thats all for now! More later;)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
La France
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment