So I guess I have a lot of catching up to do for the past 14 days of not blogging.
Guatemala was beyond awesome. 16 days, 14 people, hundreds of children, lots of chicken and 1 amazing volcano.
We came, we saw, we conquered. Or maybe the country conquered us- who knows… So- due to my lack of updates- I’ll give you the quick overview
Days 1-7: Arrived in Guatemala City, with 32 bags and suitcase- exhausted and excited, we fell into our beds. Next day we toured the cathedrals and National Palace in Guatemala City and headed off to Tatic- our home for the next 10 days. Painted a the Chicoy school, saw new land, visited catholic church in Tatic and witnessed a Mayan ceremony,
Sang in a sink hole and drove to the Island of Flores. Took a very ghettoized ferry across a pond, and took in the amazing Mayan Ruins. Witnessed amazing wildlife- cheetahs, monkeys, parrots, eagles, spiders- you name it, we saw it.
And the highlight? I got to meet my sponsor child Heidy ( pronounced Hay Dee) and her family

No comments:
Post a Comment